Each month we’re inviting creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That. Watch out this time next month for new creative challenge to get involved in.
For this month’s Monthly Brief, Michelle Maguire set you the challenge to “make a sculpture only using objects on your desk.” Below, Michelle picks out some her favourite entries.
“These sculptures, I think, best evoke the spirit of the brief. They feature precarious balancing acts and a bit of tension, are a tad oddball, have eye-pleasing palettes, and combine visually rewarding objects. Nicely done.” – Michelle.
- From North Korea to Galicia via the digital world: the trip that was February's Nicer Tuesdays
- Innovative graphic designer Samuel Bloch on how his work "creates an interesting contradiction"
- Illustrator Lily Kong's vibrant world of marshmallow babies, greenery and cats
- Photographer Dham Srifuengfung's endearingly fabulous shoot starring his childhood nanny
- Easle partners with top industry talent to launch freelance creative hiring platform
- Post-Soviet Visions: image and identity in the new Eastern Europe
- Photo of a single atom wins science photography prize
- Property developer fined $6.7 million for “whitewashing” New York graffiti haven, 5Pointz
- Google tackles image copyright infringement with latest design tweak
- Ikea partners with Hasselblad to offer more “inspiring” prints for its frames
- Meet graphic designer Jonathan Isaacson and his hybrid portfolio
- "Oddities, clumsiness and dogs": the mischievous output of designer Félicité Landrivon