Each month we’re inviting creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That. Watch out this time next month for new creative challenge to get involved in.
For this month’s Monthly Brief, Michelle Maguire set you the challenge to “make a sculpture only using objects on your desk.” Below, Michelle picks out some her favourite entries.
“These sculptures, I think, best evoke the spirit of the brief. They feature precarious balancing acts and a bit of tension, are a tad oddball, have eye-pleasing palettes, and combine visually rewarding objects. Nicely done.” – Michelle.
- “All I could see was puppets”: Johnny Kelly on his series of sweet shorts for Cheerios
- Melek Zertal's illustrations all feature different versions of herself
- Wyatt Knowles on his DIY approach to poster design
- Jaemin Lee takes on the influence of 80s pop in his illustrative process and aesthetic
- A Pint in London: a new game where the quest is for the perfect tipple
- “There is no value in change for change’s sake”: an exclusive look at Spin's update of Mubi’s visual language
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance