Each month we’re inviting creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That. Watch out this time next month for new creative challenge to get involved in.
For this month’s Monthly Brief, Michelle Maguire set you the challenge to “make a sculpture only using objects on your desk.” Below, Michelle picks out some her favourite entries.
“These sculptures, I think, best evoke the spirit of the brief. They feature precarious balancing acts and a bit of tension, are a tad oddball, have eye-pleasing palettes, and combine visually rewarding objects. Nicely done.” – Michelle.
- Yang Qi’s work expresses a strong Chinese and German cultural background
- Jenny Schweitzer's latest documentary explores gender, competition, and chess
- Ronan McKenzie curates I'm Home, an exhibition exploring the black British female experience
- Photographer Andrea Artemisio's wacky realisations breathe fresh air into magazine editorial
- Deep Throat Studio may have been borne out of failure but it thrives today
- Sunny Side Up: a fake new exhibition by Sunny, a fake artist
- Record Label Logo Archive Vol.1 is a music nerd's dream come true
- Rudeboy: The Story of Trojan Records documents the origins of Jamaican and British youth culture
- Good Type’s new fonts continue to rivet the typographic community
- An interview with Pentagram's latest partner, Astrid Stavro
- The internet responds to Banksy’s self-destructive act of art
- Welcome to World Mental Health Day 2018 on It's Nice That