Each month we’re inviting creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That. Watch out this time next month for new creative challenge to get involved in.
For this month’s Monthly Brief, Michelle Maguire set you the challenge to “make a sculpture only using objects on your desk.” Below, Michelle picks out some her favourite entries.
“These sculptures, I think, best evoke the spirit of the brief. They feature precarious balancing acts and a bit of tension, are a tad oddball, have eye-pleasing palettes, and combine visually rewarding objects. Nicely done.” – Michelle.
- "A cover should mark what a magazine believes in": Riposte launch their tenth issue
- Arabella Simpson’s colourful drawings fit together like a distorted Tetris game
- Friday Mixtape: the songs stuck in Jordy van den Nieuwendijk's head
- Landfill Editions show us a bunch of its brilliant new illustration titles
- Strip clubs and bordellos: Tal R’s hypnotic paintings of sex shops from around the world
- Photographer Timothy Schaumburg takes us behind the scenes of plastic surgery prep
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Neville Brody launches type foundry, Brody Fonts