Each month we’re inviting creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That. Watch out this time next month for new creative challenge to get involved in.
For this month’s Monthly Brief, Michelle Maguire set you the challenge to “make a sculpture only using objects on your desk.” Below, Michelle picks out some her favourite entries.
“These sculptures, I think, best evoke the spirit of the brief. They feature precarious balancing acts and a bit of tension, are a tad oddball, have eye-pleasing palettes, and combine visually rewarding objects. Nicely done.” – Michelle.
- We take a look back at the best stories of the year to date
- Atelier Brenda and Amélie Bakker create “squidgy” identity for Beursschouwburg
- Thomas Pratt photographs the effects of religion, natural disaster and globalisation on an island community
- Viacheslav Poliakov shoots the “folk-baroque-industrial mess” of Ukraine and Poland
- “Even bad pizza is kind of good”: Five life lessons from David Droga
- Join Cachetejack and Dropbox for a collaborative workshop at OFFF Barcelona
- Netflix moots move into print with new publication, Wide
- “Allowing a modern audience to see Helvetica for the first time”: Charles Nix talks us through the newly released Helvetica Now
- Dating app Hinge gets a makeover, asks users to use it less
- The most relaxing colour in the world? Dark blue apparently
- By You: Nike's customisable range gets a new name, and a new look
- Rejane Dal Bello on using graphic design to talk about hard topics in a joyful way