On Thursday 4 February we’re hosting an event with Uniqlo and four creatives to celebrate New Perspectives. Illustrator and art director Jesse Auersalo, artist Nick Veasey, photographer Rebecca Scheinberg and digital artist Thomas Traum will all be there to talk about how they tackled the New Perspectives brief and what goes into working on a project like this.
As part of our recent partnership with Uniqlo celebrating LifeWear, we asked these four creatives with wildly different ways of working to represent a Uniqlo garment of their choosing in an entirely new way. From Nick Veasey’s eerie x-rays of a down parka, to Thomas Traum’s surreal digital animations, the results have all been outstanding. Equally fascinating are their processes.
Join us for beers and pizza and to learn more about each work.
31 New Inn Yard
Sign up here!
- Miguel Pang’s hand-drawn approach adds texture and depth to his illustrations
- Cordova Canillas commission photographers to create a spot the difference illusion for Tunica
- Pictoplasma New York showed how character design can spread joy and important messages
- Lalita Lupina animates the inner turmoil and anxiety felt at an indoor swimming pool
- Meet illustrator Inji Seo's cast of curvy characters
- Riposte magazine meets graphic designer Sheila Levrant de Bretteville
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner