Creative agency 18 Feet & Rising have enlisted the help of Blinkink-signed director Noah Harris for a new campaign for cider company Kopparberg.
Outside is Ours tells the story of kites flyers at a sandy festival. The kites themselves were designed by Martin Lester on the Isles of Scilly and South African kite designer Phil Hattingh. Some of the more complex designs were created in post by post-production house nineteentwenty. “I wanted to take a new perspective on shooting kites, so alongside the more handheld stuff on the ground, we also shot with a drone, allowing us to take a ’kite’s eye view’ and really get a sense of the epicness of the landscape,” Noah tells It’s Nice That.
“The thing that drew me to the script originally was purely visual,” Noah continues. “I already had a bunch of images from kite festivals in the States in my reference folder. The festivals are immense with hundreds, if not thousands of kites, some huge, some slick and graphic, others cartoony and bold… A real overload of colour and design, against quite a stark open landscape… This paired with inspiration from Burning Man gave a great starting point.”
“I wanted to create a sense of a festival, with different ‘tribes’ of people flying different ‘tribes’ of kites. The narrative is simple in that they start disparate and converge at the end with a bit of sense of celebration.”
Outside is Ours will run across out of home, cinema, digital and socia channels from today (14 May). Kopparberg will have a presence at festivals in the UK with a new experiential platform The Kopparberg Outsider.
- Ioanna Sakellaraki explores Greece’s last professional mourners and their rituals around death
- Catalog Press is questioning what a book can be (and maybe it's made of cheese)
- Floriane Rousselot's digital platform Typelab supports and champions the work of young designers
- Photographer Theo Cottle tries to “keep an element of truth” in everything he shoots
- “Stay simple and playful”: Arnaud Aubry talks to us about making his fun and charming work
- Théophile Bartz on his fantastically hypnotic illustrations
- Led By Donkeys is crowdfunding £50,000 for “honest” No Deal Brexit ad campaign
- Taschen’s recent release celebrates “the greatest cat photographer of the 20th Century”
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!
- Suzy Chan’s portfolio boasts original graphic design, animation, typography and so much more
- Stefanie Tam’s graphic design grounds conceptual thinking in compelling visuals
- The Advertising Standards Authority has banned its first ads for “harmful” gender stereotyping