Peter Judson is one of five artists enlisted to decorate an ad agency hub on London’s Bankside, which hosts offices for creative agencies including AMV BBDO, TBWA, Proximity and Redwood. Peter and the other commissioned artists – Siggi Eggertsson, Agostino Iacurci, Gabriella Marcella and Hvass & Hannibal – have adorned the interior with artworks inspired by their surroundings.
Peter has made giant, 15m-long murals for the otherwise corporate, white reception area, using his De Stijl-esque, vibrant works to bring in colour. These draw shape and form from the facades of classic London architecture, such as St Paul’s Cathedral and Tate Britain, but abstract and flatten them to appear like contemporary stained glass windows. Gensler then sourced the furniture to complement the piece, and others in the building.
Others optimise their placement next to windows, using the reflections to continue a repeat or “complete” a pattern.
Kirstie Johnstone, creative production partner at AMV, coordinated the commissioning, which came from all the agencies in the building. There are 37 artworks in total, which were installed over three weekends by Signbox.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled