Printed Pages AW17 is now on general sale in shops around the world priced at £10. The magazine is 240 pages of inspring work and in-depth interviews that provide an essential overview of the creative world today.
Smashing through the cover is a character created by Venezuelan illustrator Igor Bastidas, who responded to our brief to “break through what the cover is”. He takes the character on further adventures inside the magazine and even animated the story, which you can see below.
The issue includes interviews with artist David Shrigley, graphic designer Paula Scher, artist and lead singer of Devo Mark Mothersbaugh, graphic designer for film Annie Atkins, musician Gaika Tavares and his brother Kibwe, graphic artist Noma Bar, and many more. There’s an essay on the dangers of blagging by Pentagram partner Naresh Ramchandani and an examination of the evils of Millennial Pink by Riposte editor Danielle Pender.
Alongside this we feature the work of over 30 creatives from across the world in a celebration of the amazing creative work produced over the last six months.
Stockists are listed below, or if you order direct from us here you will receive a host of extra goodies including limited edition prints, postcards and a sticker.
UK and EU Stockists
Armoire Officielle A/S [Copenhagen]
Artwords Bookshop Limited [Broadway Market, London]
Artwords Bookshop Limited [Rivington St, London]
Athenaeum Boekhandel [Amsterdam]
Blackwells [Oxford Arts]
Bookstore Ltd (Nide) Helsinki
Bookstore Ltd (Nide) Helsinki
Bruil & Van De Staaij [Meppel Douwenmaat]
Buchhandlung Walther Koenig GmbH & Co
Charlotte Street News [London]
Colours May Vary
Companyia Central Llibretera [Barcelona]
Counter-Print (Celine Leterne)
Distribuciones LORING Art S.L.
Do You Readme?! GbR [Berlin]
Fluorescent Smogg / Kasso Kasso
Foyles [DEPT 31/R/Fiction & Magazines]
Free Times And Llibres (Ivan) [Barcelona
Gudberg Nerger GmbH [Hamburg]
Hambledon [Winchester] 928 282 032
Here Shop Ltd
Home General Store BS [Brescia]
HUH [Dalston, Lodnon]
ICA Bookshop [London]
Ideas On Paper [Nottingham]
IMS Stadsfeestzaal (Don’t Use)
KK OUTLET [Hoxton, London]
La Biblioteka [Sheffield]
Libreria Dada [Valencia]
London Borough Of Jam
Lorem (not Ipsum) [Zurich]
Magazine Brighton Ltd
MagCulture [London EC1]
Magma [Covent Garden]
Materia Prima [P-4050-381 PORTO]
Newbridge Project [Newcastle]
Nook Shop Ltd [Stoke Newington, Lodon]
Norse Store [Copenhagen]
Nottingham Contemporary Trading Ltd
Photographers’ Gallery [London]
PRO QM Thematische Buchhandlung [Berlin
Shanghai Co Of China
SLG Trading Ltd
Smith Project Co. Ltd.
Somerset House Trust
Store Berlin Ltd
Tate Modern [London]
Ti Pi Tin
Tomart Limited (Kubrick) (Hong Kong)
Traders Pop [Maastricht]
Under The Cover [Lisbon]
Village Bookstore [Leeds]
Walther Koenig Books [Serpentine, London]
Wardour News [London]
For international (US, Asia and AUS) please contact [email protected].
- Charlotte Wales shoots Botticelli-esque editorial for British Vogue's September issue
- Kaye Blegvad on the making of Dog Years, her book about surviving depression
- Photographer Carl Oliver Ander examines "the false relationship to reality that the medium has"
- Photographer Ellius Grace captures the ghostly churches of Ireland and the figures that haunt them
- William Farr’s floral sculptures are a celebration of ephemera and controlled chaos
- George Fletcher's typeface Hinault, inspired by 1980s cycling, is full of character and detail
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- Graphic designers Dorothy comprehensively map out the history of club culture
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Can Yang's graphic design style is deep-rooted in her Chinese heritage
- New Zealander Luke Hoban designs websites that not only have form and function, but flair
- Jackson Joyce's melancholic illustrations inspired by childhood nostalgia