Writer, artist, musician, entrepreneur and whistle-blower Rose McGowan is bringing what’s being described as an “immersive art film” to London’s multi-disciplinary media hub, the Institute of Light.
Being screened on the 15th and 16th of December we’re told that Indecision IV “captures a magnetic encounter between McGowan and a contemporary dance performance.” Commissioned by Heist Gallery, it is the result of said gallery inviting Rose to respond to a performance by contemporary dancer James Mulford. James was himself inspired by Maria Kreyn’s painting The Allegory of Indecision which depicts Saint Sebastian hanging out with a pack of fighting dogs.
Shot in one continuous take during a “watershed moment” in the Me Too activist’s life, Heist describes Indecision IV as, “a physical expression of her state of mind at that time.”
For the pair of London screenings, sound designer David Triana has been brought on board to heighten the viewer’s experience of McGowan’s interpretation by reflecting the contemporary and rhythmic movement in the film through his manipulation of sound.
The screenings of Indecision IV will take place from 15 – 16 December.
- Yuri Suzuki on how the key design tool is always communication
- Anna Sullivan creates a look back at the fascinating tradition of stilt walking shepherds
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared to debut at Sundance Film Festival
- Director Angela Stephenson documents Manila's defiance for creative freedom in the narco-state
- Friday Mixtape: Anthony Naples takes us from the party to the after party
- Yung Hua Chen’s photography is effortlessly glamorous
- Alex Gamsu Jenkins’ comics remind us of how gross we really are
- Pop culture powerhouse Bryan Rivera's 2018 in graphic design
- Don't worry, be angry: how politics and creativity collided in 2018
- Vice magazine's creative team talks us through its new and unexpectedly different redesign
- DIA channels NYC and gives Squarespace its signature kinetic treatment in brand refresh
- London Art Fair gets an abstract and textural rebrand for 2019