Writer, artist, musician, entrepreneur and whistle-blower Rose McGowan is bringing what’s being described as an “immersive art film” to London’s multi-disciplinary media hub, the Institute of Light.
Being screened on the 15th and 16th of December we’re told that Indecision IV “captures a magnetic encounter between McGowan and a contemporary dance performance.” Commissioned by Heist Gallery, it is the result of said gallery inviting Rose to respond to a performance by contemporary dancer James Mulford. James was himself inspired by Maria Kreyn’s painting The Allegory of Indecision which depicts Saint Sebastian hanging out with a pack of fighting dogs.
Shot in one continuous take during a “watershed moment” in the Me Too activist’s life, Heist describes Indecision IV as, “a physical expression of her state of mind at that time.”
For the pair of London screenings, sound designer David Triana has been brought on board to heighten the viewer’s experience of McGowan’s interpretation by reflecting the contemporary and rhythmic movement in the film through his manipulation of sound.
The screenings of Indecision IV will take place from 15 – 16 December.
- Photographer Anne-Sophie Guillet’s stunning portraits challenge gender binaries
- For Jan Horcik, type design and graphic design cannot work without one another
- “Like a little factory making picture books”: The wondrous work of Marie Neurath
- What’s the purpose of prison? This series captures a horse rehabilitation programme in Arizona
- Tina Schwizgebel-Wang’s etchings are filled with detailed scenes of everyday life
- “I want to show that the world is actually very simple”: meet artist Hisami Tanaka
- New study claims to pinpoint the most creative time of day, down to the minute
- Singapore-based studio Swell explores the idea of the banished book
- "My little niece and my grandmother like the game equally": how Playables made the simply addictive Kids
- In being "open to possibilities" still life painter Duane Keiser paints the everyday joys of life
- What the cluck? KFC releases limited-edition bucket hat
- For Bizzarri-Rodriguez, book design “is everything except a science”