Now in its fifth year, Secret 7” has just announced its chosen tracks for 2016. The project takes some of the best-known songs and asks creatives to design record sleeves which are then printed on special edition vinyl. Every year 700 sleeves are exhibited and sold for £50 each with nobody knowing whose sleeve they’ve bought or which song its for until they’ve paid. This year’s sleeve submissions will be for the following tracks:
Chvrches – Clearest Blue
Etta James – At Last
Jack Garratt – Worry
The Jam – Art School
John Lennon – Imagine
Max Richter – Dream 3
Tame Impala – The Less I Know The Better
With charity at the heart of what it does, for 2016 Secret 7” is supporting Amnesty International UK: “Our choice of cause reflects our increasing distress at the goings on around the world,” it says. The project has taken up residence at a new location at Sonos Studio in Shoreditch.
Submissions close on Tuesday 2 March and the exhibition will take place from 8 April – 1 May 2016 at Sonos Studio.
- Join It’s Nice That and Adobe XD for an evening of discussion on digital design
- In her latest series, Lauren Harris captures moments of violence and tenderness in the boxing ring
- Bold and borderless, Ji Soo Eom’s designs echo the multiverse
- Max Siedentopf's new series injects some excitement back into the humble passport photo
- Graphic designer David Rindlisbacher disrupts his typography-heavy designs with technology
- Joe Melhuish’s zany creations are populated by “joyful characters with manic, chaotic auras”
- Led By Donkeys is crowdfunding £50,000 for “honest” No Deal Brexit ad campaign
- Taschen’s recent release celebrates “the greatest cat photographer of the 20th Century”
- The Advertising Standards Authority has banned its first ads for “harmful” gender stereotyping
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!
- Suzy Chan’s portfolio boasts original graphic design, animation, typography and so much more
- Stefanie Tam’s graphic design grounds conceptual thinking in compelling visuals