Oscar-winning director Spike Jonze has joined forces with musician and creative force FKA twigs for an advert for Apple’s HomePod speaker system.
The four-minute-long spot titled Welcome Home shows a timid twigs undertaking an exhaustingly grey commute back home. On walking into her flat, she drops her shopping bags and asks the room, “Hey Siri, play me something I’d like.”
“Ok,” her HomePod replies, and Til It’s Over by Anderson .Paak starts to play. As she sits on her sofa with a drink, twigs starts to sway to the music and discovers that her movements have the ability to expand her modest-sized flat.
The advert follows Spike Jonze’s bizarre 2016 viral advert for Kenzo which starred Margaret Qualley which he made in collaboration with Kenzo creative directors Humberto Leon and Carol Lim.
- How Alex Prager made the world stop and stare
- Photographer Louise Reinke's latest shoot is inspired by the legendary Dionne Warwick
- Photographer Eli Durst's series Pinnacle Realty challenges stereotypes of suburban America
- Grace Miceli’s bold and playful illustrations re-interpret brands in humorous ways
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Rosie Yasukochi's vibrant comic reflects on post-generational trauma
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- Crayola launches a makeup range based on its ubiquitous crayons
- Beyoncé and Jay Z take over the Louvre for Apeshit music video
- Why counter-culture matters: Rough Trade launches publishing venture designed by Craig Oldham
- Greg Sharp animates a video that builds in momentum for the catchiest song of the year