Oscar-winning director Spike Jonze has joined forces with musician and creative force FKA twigs for an advert for Apple’s HomePod speaker system.
The four-minute-long spot titled Welcome Home shows a timid twigs undertaking an exhaustingly grey commute back home. On walking into her flat, she drops her shopping bags and asks the room, “Hey Siri, play me something I’d like.”
“Ok,” her HomePod replies, and Til It’s Over by Anderson .Paak starts to play. As she sits on her sofa with a drink, twigs starts to sway to the music and discovers that her movements have the ability to expand her modest-sized flat.
The advert follows Spike Jonze’s bizarre 2016 viral advert for Kenzo which starred Margaret Qualley which he made in collaboration with Kenzo creative directors Humberto Leon and Carol Lim.
- Let Salvador Dalí tell your future in a new edition of tarot cards
- Lucas Zanotto on his seamless animation loops and his journey into the digital
- Simon Lehner shows us how truth is constructed in a war simulation subculture
- Denisse Ariana Pérez’s photography shows us the tender potential of masculinity
- Feel like you’re floating with Takanari Tazaki’s velvety illustrations
- Fed & Watered is a new studio with a specific output: all things food, drink and hospitality
- Graphic Design is Mental: Tips for looking after your state of mind as a designer
- Greta Grotesk is a typeface in homage to the teenage activist’s handwriting
- “Animation is now a must for posters”: Sunny Studio on design for the digital age
- Ikea unveils its latest toy creatures based on kids drawings
- Book of Roy: Neil Drabble photographs an American teenager over the course of eight years
- Motion designer Peter Steineck wants creative communities to show up and make time for each other