Oscar-winning director Spike Jonze has joined forces with musician and creative force FKA twigs for an advert for Apple’s HomePod speaker system.
The four-minute-long spot titled Welcome Home shows a timid twigs undertaking an exhaustingly grey commute back home. On walking into her flat, she drops her shopping bags and asks the room, “Hey Siri, play me something I’d like.”
“Ok,” her HomePod replies, and Til It’s Over by Anderson .Paak starts to play. As she sits on her sofa with a drink, twigs starts to sway to the music and discovers that her movements have the ability to expand her modest-sized flat.
The advert follows Spike Jonze’s bizarre 2016 viral advert for Kenzo which starred Margaret Qualley which he made in collaboration with Kenzo creative directors Humberto Leon and Carol Lim.
- Experimental animator Amanda Bonaiuto on building her own worlds
- Jaeha Kim channels different discplines of art through his graphic design practice
- The 14th issue of Nest speaks to the myriad experiences of gender
- Óscar Raña's scientific approach to illustration makes for beautiful geometric drawings
- Cabeza Patata brings energy and vivacity to its portfolio of 2D and 3D illustrations
- Whippets FC champions the unity and community of women’s football
- Q is the world’s first genderless voice hoping to eradicate gender bias in technology
- How and when do you shut down your studio? Carly Ayres on the decision to close HAWRAF
- Alexis Jamet's animations are warm, nostalgic and beautiful in their simplicity
- Tokyo 2020 reveals Olympic pictograms inspired by 1964 Games
- Graphic designer Jiri Mocek continues to produce inventive and expressive posters