Oscar-winning director Spike Jonze has joined forces with musician and creative force FKA twigs for an advert for Apple’s HomePod speaker system.
The four-minute-long spot titled Welcome Home shows a timid twigs undertaking an exhaustingly grey commute back home. On walking into her flat, she drops her shopping bags and asks the room, “Hey Siri, play me something I’d like.”
“Ok,” her HomePod replies, and Til It’s Over by Anderson .Paak starts to play. As she sits on her sofa with a drink, twigs starts to sway to the music and discovers that her movements have the ability to expand her modest-sized flat.
The advert follows Spike Jonze’s bizarre 2016 viral advert for Kenzo which starred Margaret Qualley which he made in collaboration with Kenzo creative directors Humberto Leon and Carol Lim.
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!