New York label Telfar has an unusual collaborator in the form of American fast food chain White Castle.
Earlier this year, Telfar redesigned a unisex uniform for all 400+ White Castle restaurants and the chain’s 10,000 team members across America on the occasion of its 95th anniversary. Now, to celebrate the uniform redesign, Telfar and White Castle will launch a capsule collection. The collection recalls the New York City communities home to branches of White Castle in the Bronx, Harlem, and Queens, where the brand’s founder Telfar Clemens is from. Telfar and White Castle’s logos are physically sewn together across the collection.
According to Telfar’s website, “100% of White Castle proceeds from the capsule go to the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Liberty and Justice fund to pay bail for minors held on Rikers Island. Average bail in NYC is $900 and those who cannot afford it can be detained for years while innocent awaiting trial. Please donate directly at libertyandjustice.nyc – a joint project of RFK Human Rights, The Bronx Freedom Fund, Youth Represent and the Brooklyn Community Bail Fund.”
Prices start from $50.99 for a cap to $220.99 for a hoodie. Both blue and black colours of the cap are already sold out.
- Lee Kan Kyo’s practice involves taking a selfie a day and a loyalty card club
- Office supplies sweat, struggle and stress in Philotheus Nisch’s recent series for Die Epilog
- It’s been another busy year of cultural design projects for Badesaison
- Kengo Kuma tells us why we need “a new period of natural design”
- The essentials of handling your finances as a graduate, junior or freelance creative
- Painter Nick McPhail uses Renaissance techniques to make his architectural landscapes “glow”
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Job interviews: Pentagram, Wieden+Kennedy and Bureau Borsche on how to get them and what to say
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!