New York label Telfar has an unusual collaborator in the form of American fast food chain White Castle.
Earlier this year, Telfar redesigned a unisex uniform for all 400+ White Castle restaurants and the chain’s 10,000 team members across America on the occasion of its 95th anniversary. Now, to celebrate the uniform redesign, Telfar and White Castle will launch a capsule collection. The collection recalls the New York City communities home to branches of White Castle in the Bronx, Harlem, and Queens, where the brand’s founder Telfar Clemens is from. Telfar and White Castle’s logos are physically sewn together across the collection.
According to Telfar’s website, “100% of White Castle proceeds from the capsule go to the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Liberty and Justice fund to pay bail for minors held on Rikers Island. Average bail in NYC is $900 and those who cannot afford it can be detained for years while innocent awaiting trial. Please donate directly at libertyandjustice.nyc – a joint project of RFK Human Rights, The Bronx Freedom Fund, Youth Represent and the Brooklyn Community Bail Fund.”
Prices start from $50.99 for a cap to $220.99 for a hoodie. Both blue and black colours of the cap are already sold out.
- “We are adamant that our projects pass the test of time”: Principal on its designs for Yoko Ono and Pierre Dorion
- Daniel Brereton gets back together with Metronomy for their latest video
- Internet Crusader tells the story of a virus-induced post-apocalyptic world
- Daniel Stankler reimagines the classics into colourful and uncanny animations
- Wang Zhi-Hong on his shifting approach of “hiding information” in graphic design
- Summers in Buda captures the city’s old women, and a possible dystopian future
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Peter Saville has designed this year's Pornhub Awards trophy, inspired by sex hormones
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW