Jogging in your park with a pushchair, dancing in your living room, or even stretching to fix a bra all counts a joyful moments of exercise – that’s the message our the new This Girl Can campaign for Sport England.
The short films sees a host of women getting fit in their own way that fits around this life, and celebrate those little moments of movement in our everyday lives, with the campaign tag, #FitGotReal.
Director Georgi Banks-Davies, says, “The goal was to show the realities and challenges of everyday exercise for real women. My mates know that I box, because it’s ‘cool’, but they have no idea that when I’m away travelling, I do Davina’s 15 min workoutin hotel rooms in my knickers, getting carpet burns on my elbows from planking. That’s my reality. I want the audience to be inspired to celebrate their own reality, and to feel proud of that.”
It’s a warming antidote to an industry that can often guilt-trip us to join gym-mania and instead, aims to offset any guilt with a simple message: all activity counts. And if that wasn’t warming enough, it’s all set to the the glorious vocal stylings of Queen Barbara Streisand’s Don’t Rain On My Parade. Enjoy it below!
- Greg Lin Jiajie captures stories from his “favourite place”, his hometown of Fujian
- Grotesque and playful, Tres Tipos Gráficos’ latest project is filled with personality
- Luca Mastroianni on his journey from Instagram selfies to the new Gentle Monster campaign
- Graphic designer Jacob Pardoe on collaborating with a neural network and the surprises it produces
- Call for Collaboration: Mahaneela is looking for a mixed media creative to visualise modern love
- Annu Kilpeläinen’s zine Rally 2U promises cars, sun and speed
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Job interviews: Pentagram, Wieden+Kennedy and Bureau Borsche on how to get them and what to say
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!