Video artist Jennifer Juniper Stratford has directed the video for Condemnation, a single released in memory of music video and film director, musician and artist Travis Peterson. Travis died in January 2017 after being reported missing by his wife, visual artist Emilie Halpern.
Depeche Mode’s track has been covered by Ramona Gonzalez, Julia Holter, Cole M.G.N and Nedelle Torrisi, who all worked with Travis on music videos. The director was known for his music videos with Ariel Pink, Glass Candy, Geneva Jacuzzi, Vivian Girls and Nite Jewel, and short films Salvation Mountain, Indio, USA and Circus.
The subtly emotive video for Condemnation uses Jennifer’s techniques of image manipulation and multi-layered visuals. Proceeds from the sale of the single will go to the Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services in Los Angeles.
The artists commented: “Aside from being an authentic and talented artist and collaborator, Travis was a great friend beloved by many in Los Angeles and around the world. Known for his infectious laugh, sense of mischief, and passion for art, music, and architecture, Travis was simply a pleasure to be around. We hope you will check out a link to some of his work.”
- Will Anderson on his Bafta-nominated animation, Have Heart
- Bonjour Garçon combines photography and graphic design to make "strong and delicate" work
- Friday Mixtape: Thomas Pratt curates a mix for a night out in the Bahamas
- The spontaneous, saturated and energetic portfolio of photographer Anton Gottlob
- Alexander Mourant's photographs trace a road-trip he took down the length of Africa
- Video artist Natalia Stuyk on crossing from the digital to the physical world
- Google Creative Lab's animated series tells the story of iPhone users who tried the Pixel 2
- Photographer Michael Northrup’s striking new book is a visual timeline of a former relationship
- The Scouts rebrand aims to reflect a “more relevant image of Scouting”
- "Something bold, something pure" – the 50-year long legacy of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Yishu Wang's wonderfully disorientating photography
- Airbnb launches new bespoke font Cereal, designed with Dalton Maag for online and offline fluidity