To celebrate and support the newly enlarged gallery’s opening weekend, the fashion brand has installed a huge wall adorned with 60,000 ribbons and large-scale wind machines. Uniqlo are inviting visitors to take part by challenging them to “imagine a better future” with its colourful and energetic exhibit.
In conjunction with the event, the brand has also worked with young and emerging artists to transform all its London store windows. The showcase of artworks are displayed on structures inspired by the gallery’s iconic architecture.
The new Tate Modern is now open, with the Uniqlo installation open on Level 6 of Switch House all weekend until the end of 19 June.
- Call for Collaboration: your chance to collaborate with Kelly Anna on a limited edition zine
- OK-RM and Daniel Shea collaborate on a new work of fiction exploring natural resources
- Cépé's illustrations capture the colours of southern France
- Joe Melhuish turns fidget spinners, avocados and anvils into animated outfits for any millennial
- Gourau and Phong stretches reality by combing photography with new technologies
- Graphic designer Benoît Brun’s comics-inspired typography leaps off the page
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance