Wieden+Kennedy Portland have released a new campaign for Travel Oregon, Oregon’s Tourism Commission. Suitably spring like, the 90-second film titled Only Slightly Exaggerated bears all the intoxicating hallmarks of a Studio Ghibli classic, but with the addition of Oregon’s famous natural features including the Three Sisters mountain range and activities such as the Portland Dragon Boat Race.
The film’s human characters are joined in animated versions of Oregon locations by a cast of unlikely creatures: a super-sized rabbit, whales which are pictured swimming through clouds and a caterpillar on a bicycle.
The agency teamed up with Sun Creature Studio and Psyop, who made the Minecraft musical, with an original score by the Oregon symphony.
Wieden+Kennedy Portland’s art director Nick Stokes commented, “We thought Oregon deserved better than just another travel ad, so we turned to animation to try and capture its magic. We’re very proud of the work, and I’m honored to represent my home state in such a unique way.”
“The goal of this campaign is to welcome and inspire people to come find happiness by vacationing in Oregon,” Travel Oregon’s chief executive Todd Davidson added. “As more travellers seek health and wellness, alongside memorable and shareable moments, the time is right to showcase the outdoor adventures available in every corner of the state and build upon the $11.3bn a year in visitor spending that directly employs more than 109,000 Oregonians.”
- Department of New Realities' AR-assisted Moncler book is a technological triumph
- Tish Murtha's Elswick Kids portrays "the joy and freedom of childhood"
- The ninth Asian Pacific Triennial’s features an undoubtedly impressive roster
- Lily Rose Thomas' film Girls Who Drink explores three complicated relationships with alcohol
- Broken Bonds explores how pictures can document a different approach to history
- Talk: a magazine reimagining debates surrounding commercial art
- Photographer Andrea Artemisio's wacky realisations breathe fresh air into magazine editorial
- Massive Attack just announced that they've remastered a classic album into...a spray can
- It looks like Banksy intended to shred the whole of Girl with Balloon
- Deep Throat Studio may have been borne out of failure but it thrives today
- Andrés Rosa approaches design by rejecting logic and embracing Dadaist thinking
- A new film uses the Barbican estate at sunset to appreciate the beauty of Brutalism