Wieden+Kennedy Portland have released a new campaign for Travel Oregon, Oregon’s Tourism Commission. Suitably spring like, the 90-second film titled Only Slightly Exaggerated bears all the intoxicating hallmarks of a Studio Ghibli classic, but with the addition of Oregon’s famous natural features including the Three Sisters mountain range and activities such as the Portland Dragon Boat Race.
The film’s human characters are joined in animated versions of Oregon locations by a cast of unlikely creatures: a super-sized rabbit, whales which are pictured swimming through clouds and a caterpillar on a bicycle.
The agency teamed up with Sun Creature Studio and Psyop, who made the Minecraft musical, with an original score by the Oregon symphony.
Wieden+Kennedy Portland’s art director Nick Stokes commented, “We thought Oregon deserved better than just another travel ad, so we turned to animation to try and capture its magic. We’re very proud of the work, and I’m honored to represent my home state in such a unique way.”
“The goal of this campaign is to welcome and inspire people to come find happiness by vacationing in Oregon,” Travel Oregon’s chief executive Todd Davidson added. “As more travellers seek health and wellness, alongside memorable and shareable moments, the time is right to showcase the outdoor adventures available in every corner of the state and build upon the $11.3bn a year in visitor spending that directly employs more than 109,000 Oregonians.”
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!