Earlier this week we held a special night of talks aside from our usual format and invited three recent graduates from our Graduates 2009 feature to the Sense Loft to talk. Rob Matthews, Sroop Sunar and Jack Featherstone all gave an insight into their work and the videos will be posted up over the coming weeks starting with Rob, next Friday. A big thanks to the three of them as well as Sense for their fantastic hospitality as always.
If you’d like to put your name in the hat for the next talk on August 27th, please send Alex a quick e-mail.
- Photographer Anne-Sophie Guillet’s stunning portraits challenge gender binaries
- For Jan Horcik, type design and graphic design cannot work without one another
- “Like a little factory making picture books”: The wondrous work of Marie Neurath
- What’s the purpose of prison? This series captures a horse rehabilitation programme in Arizona
- Tina Schwizgebel-Wang’s etchings are filled with detailed scenes of everyday life
- “I want to show that the world is actually very simple”: meet artist Hisami Tanaka
- New study claims to pinpoint the most creative time of day, down to the minute
- Singapore-based studio Swell explores the idea of the banished book
- "My little niece and my grandmother like the game equally": how Playables made the simply addictive Kids
- In being "open to possibilities" still life painter Duane Keiser paints the everyday joys of life
- What the cluck? KFC releases limited-edition bucket hat
- For Bizzarri-Rodriguez, book design “is everything except a science”