An exhibition that seems to have gone completely under the radar is Pandamonium, currently on show at Selfridges on London’s Oxford Street. Even during London Design Week and London Fashion Week you’ll be hard pushed to see the work of so many of the UK’s leading artists all under the same roof.
Artists involved include, among others; Sir Peter Blake, Tom Dixon, Tracey Emin, Jim Lambie, Troika, Rachel Whiteread, Paul Smith and United Visual Artists. All have taken an alternative look at the traditional WWF Panda collection box and the results are fantastic.
Along with individual information on the approach taken by each artist there is also a great compilation on YouTube, watch it here.
Exhibition runs 4 September — 28 October 2009 (Auction on 12 October to raise funds for WWF).
Selfridges, 400 Oxford Street, London, W1A 1AB, UK
- Izabela Jurcewicz uses her camera to become both a surgeon and a patient
- XYZ Lab designs a removable and “grotesque” fifth issue for Rouge Fashion Book
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Intimate, safe and romantic: Ekaterina Popova paints the interiors of her friend’s bedrooms
- Alfie Dwyer on creating game-like worlds and moulding tangible films like “putty”
- Through playful forms, Bára Růžičková tackles the rigid structure of the design industry
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- &Walsh designs Zooba's identity inspired by the busy streets of Cairo
- A book chronicling tiny, bizarre treasures curated by Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf
- Find hidden squares and experimental inktraps in Fatih Hardal's FH Giselle
- Pentagram’s Giorgia Lupi on her data-driven designs for & Other Stories