Tackling the traditional subject of the female nude in a very contemporary way is one of the most high-profile If You Could Collaborate pairings, made up of New York photographer and director Tim Saccenti and London’s own Hellovon. A simple process, Tim supplied Von with a photograph, and Von worked his magic on an abstract interpretation.
Below is a snippet of their interview from the If You Could Collaborate catalogue
Hello, can you tell us what you’ve produced for the show?
H. An A2 limited edition giclee print. TS. I’ve produced a photograph of a beautiful, nude female human.
What were the biggest challenges you faced?
H. Not ruining Tim’s work. TS. For me it was choosing the correct image that would work with Von’s style. I had shot hundreds of frames of the subject so the edit process was arduous.
What’s your favourite collaboration of all time?
H. Poached eggs, ham, mustard, toasted seeded loaf and a nice coffee. TS. My dear friends just collaborated on a beautiful child. That could possibly be my all time favourite collaboration.
To see the complete If You Could Collaborate feature, click here
- Meet the speakers: Dougal Wilson, Ewen Spencer, GraphicDesign& and Gal-dem
- Claire Hentschker: the artist who recreated The Shining as an interactive 3D space
- Rosanna Webster and Phoebe Henry’s cinematic portrait of Cuba
- Alex Hunting’s crisp editorial designs are considered and multi-layered
- Raine Allen Miller’s latest ad shows kids experiencing the “side effects” of tech toys
- Colin Pantall's warm depiction of childhood and fatherhood taken over 12 years
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner