A busy week for the postman as always at our new HQ. We’ve got the usual blend of look books, posters, books and lovely envelopes for your pleasure. Plenty were worth our time this week – here’s a quick summary of the highlights.
Weather Chart by Clever Franke
Large scale posters can be a bit tiresome if all they are is a bit of eye-candy, but Clever Franke live up to their name and have a bit of a point to their pattern filled offering. In short it’s a weather chart, but the finish and attention to detail makes it as positive as the imminent turn from Winter to Spring.
Percival Autumn/Winter 2010/11 Lookbook
Having seen the video for Percival’s latest collection, I was intrigued to see how their sensibility translated into print. Nice, simple and straight to the point, the fold out poster does the job very effectively, and the clothes don’t look too shabby either.
Ronald Clyne at Folkways by Unit Editions
Another triumph from the heavyweight publishing house, Unit Editions. Headed by Tony Brook and Adrian Shaughnessy, you won’t be surprised to hear that the research and depth of content is great, and it looks the part too. This issue is focussed on the work of Ronald Clyne, and in particular his back catalogue of album artwork – his discography if you will.
Medusa by Daniel Schludi
I’d been meaning to post this project for a little while, so imagine my happiness when it dropped on the doormat. A lovely photographic project by Daniel Schludi which take portraits based on how the subjects look at their own faces. Was that too cryptic for you? If so Daniel does a much better job at explaining on the link below. A great contraption and publication to boot.
Underscore No.1 by Hjgher
Lovely looking new publication from Singapore. It looks as though a lot of love has been invested in its conception and execution which can only be a good thing. I’m looking forward to sitting down with this over the weekend and giving it some attention of my own.
- Books From The Future's experimentally collaborative and investigative publishing
- Issue four of Beauty Papers screws the formula of beauty, giving it a “brave new face”
- Molly Matalon shoots a fashion editorial in the desert, and things get brotherly
- Laura Callaghan on illustrating a lifestyle where women make all decisions
- Starting Out and Making It - what we learned at A/D/O
- Fantastic Man’s unexpected cover story on the surfers and fisherman of Peniche, Portugal
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity