A busy week for the postman as always at our new HQ. We’ve got the usual blend of look books, posters, books and lovely envelopes for your pleasure. Plenty were worth our time this week – here’s a quick summary of the highlights.
Weather Chart by Clever Franke
Large scale posters can be a bit tiresome if all they are is a bit of eye-candy, but Clever Franke live up to their name and have a bit of a point to their pattern filled offering. In short it’s a weather chart, but the finish and attention to detail makes it as positive as the imminent turn from Winter to Spring.
Percival Autumn/Winter 2010/11 Lookbook
Having seen the video for Percival’s latest collection, I was intrigued to see how their sensibility translated into print. Nice, simple and straight to the point, the fold out poster does the job very effectively, and the clothes don’t look too shabby either.
Ronald Clyne at Folkways by Unit Editions
Another triumph from the heavyweight publishing house, Unit Editions. Headed by Tony Brook and Adrian Shaughnessy, you won’t be surprised to hear that the research and depth of content is great, and it looks the part too. This issue is focussed on the work of Ronald Clyne, and in particular his back catalogue of album artwork – his discography if you will.
Medusa by Daniel Schludi
I’d been meaning to post this project for a little while, so imagine my happiness when it dropped on the doormat. A lovely photographic project by Daniel Schludi which take portraits based on how the subjects look at their own faces. Was that too cryptic for you? If so Daniel does a much better job at explaining on the link below. A great contraption and publication to boot.
Underscore No.1 by Hjgher
Lovely looking new publication from Singapore. It looks as though a lot of love has been invested in its conception and execution which can only be a good thing. I’m looking forward to sitting down with this over the weekend and giving it some attention of my own.
- GraphicDesign& on how design impacts human health
- Clove magazine celebrates the diversity and cultural phenomena of South Asia
- Simen Royseland’s zine inspired by the ancient philosophy of Stoicism
- Jordy van den Nieuwendijk is back with his most colourful show to date
- Library Paper, by Catalogue Library, returns with its eighth issue: trips
- Olgaç Bozalp and Benjamin Kirchoff photographs Turkey's male belly dancers
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Renowned graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff has died aged 85
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Marina Lewandowska’s graduation project shows graphic design flair and function
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Working Not Working charts the top 50 companies creatives want to work for