A graduate from the University of Brighton almost three years ago David Wilson has gone on to direct music videos for the likes of Little Boots, Moray McLaren and We Have Band. His work hasn’t gone unnoticed either, recently picking up Best New Director at the UK Music Video Awards.
Now based in London, David’s work strives to achieve the impossible, using a number of clever in-camera tricks from animating face paint on people’s skin to freezing water droplets in mid-motion this is surely one young director we’re going to see a lot more from.
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Paul Sahre chats to us about his new book Two Dimensional Man: A Graphic Memoir
- How can we connect young, diverse talent with the agencies who crave it?
- Ricky Leung’s illustrations capture the quiet moments of everyday life
- Photographer Chris Maggio palpably documents America’s current “emotional climate"
- Seoul-based Shrimp Chung’s dynamic designs are bright and full of impact
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity