As featured in the first It’s Nice That publication, Kubik is back! In 2006 the kubik light room installation was created as a club concept designed to energise disused urban spaces around the world by creating a unique fusion between water tanks, light shows and electronic beats. Stacked up tank-walls illuminated in different colours are composed to a piece of stunning architecture, which interact with the beats of music.
Celebrated in 22 different cities around the world and after four years in absence since the conception of kubik, balestra berlin are proud to announce the return of kubik to its birthplace – Berlin.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum