onedotzero recently launched this year’s festival identity (designed by Logan) as well as their programme of events. Amongst everything going on is an evening we’re hosting at the impressive BFI on London’s Southbank on Thursday 11 November. The event will take the format of a physical magazine, which is something we’ve been talking about doing for a long time. The idea is simple: the night will be similar to a magazine in that there’ll be different ‘sections’ that celebrate, for the first time, all four issues of our publication.
Rob Mathews, Maisie Broadhead, Louise Naugnton Morgan, Thomas Thwaites and Roel Wouters will all present individual projects or ideas. We have a live interview with Johnny Kelly, and Michael Crowe and Riitta Ikonen will present a feature on something other than their own work. All of this will be interlaced with short films and brief snippets from ourselves.
It should be an exciting evening filled with a massive about of creative talent. The event takes place on Thursday 11 November at 6.10pm at BFI Southbank. Tickets are priced at £9, or £6.65 for students. For more information, check out the link below.
- “I’m a believer in form”: Geoff McFetridge on his new book of introspective drawings
- A rundown of our Nicer Tuesdays highlights of 2018
- Eight creatives from around the world tell us what made their city tick in 2018
- “Are we all avatars now?” asks digital painter Zak Keene
- Mohamad Abdouni on documenting an “important time in Arab queer culture”
- MUJI talks us through the brand’s famously minimal design aesthetic
- DIA channels NYC and gives Squarespace its signature kinetic treatment in brand refresh
- Laughing at the world of graphic design with Tracy Ma
- Alex Gamsu Jenkins’ comics remind us of how gross we really are
- Pantone's Colour of the Year 2019 has been announced and it's... Living Coral!
- The animated short giving Isle of Dogs a run for its money
- Caleb Halter's instinctual design practice produces considered and refined work