Proving eclecticism and craftsmanship are not mutually exclusive, 56th Studio is a brand-new design outfit debuting three collections of unexpected furniture and products in Milan.
Winning metaphorical medals in every conceivable way is Caricature Chairs, a creative hijacking project that pulls popular culture icons, reduces them to a sum of their fundamental features and turns them into a functional and communicative objects. “Form follows story,” they say, and what could possibly be better than telling everyone your dining room set is the Simpsons family? Nothing.
Check out the rest of their portfolio for more of the same, but never same-y, fun and graphical object design.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme