Dear Monday. You’re a drag and you know it. Luckily though we won’t take it lying down any more – A Week On Monday is our way of putting two proverbial fingers up to nobody’s favourite day. This week it’s the turn of illustrator Jack Hudson, one of our Graduates class of 2010, who when he’s not smashing great work out the park is apparently perfecting the music/food combo that banshies any early week blues. Over to Jack…
What’s the best way of getting over Monday morning blues?
Bacon sandwich + AC/DC = No Monday morning blues
What song will you be listening to most this week?
The song Monotone Face by Leeds based band Cowtown, it makes me smile every time.
What was the best thing you read this morning?
An interview with Quentin Blake in Crack Magazine.
Send us a picture of something you’ll use a lot this week
This mouse mat; yes I like to treat my mouse like a king.
If you could have a midweek night out with anyone, doing anything what would it be?
I’d go dancing with Bill Murray at the zoo.
What do you hope to have achieved come Friday?
A book cover, an editorial illustration and hopefully a day off.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum