In my humble but heartfelt opinion everyone even remotely connected to the creative industries should watch this amazing promo for next month’s Creative Fuel conference in Sydney. The strapline for the conference is “Cut the bullshit and focus on creativity” but we get there the hard way via this funny but at times excruciatingly close to the bone spoof. It follows a group of creative industry types and their plans for The World’s First Crowd Sourced 3D Printed QR Code, Live Streamed Via GoPro To A Mobile Or Tablet Device, Drone Delivery Ticket System Project, which we are constantly ensured will be a “gamechanger.”
It’s so packed with quotable lines that I don’t really want to spoil it, but a special mention must go to: “It’s very hard to find an idea so sometimes we just…don’t.” Clients don’t escape censure either (“I don’t understand it but I love it!”) and the little details are to die for; pay attention to the captions and look out for the fridge full of awards.
I’m gushing now so I’ll stop, but I genuinely couldn’t love this more.
- David Lane talks us through his art direction for Robyn's newly released record
- Friday Mixtape: Vanessa Carlton and Godflesh combine thanks to The Beautiful Meme
- Jenny Jiao Hsia's game designs are as delightfully weird as they are weirdly delightful
- Luke Boland communicates industrialisation through his expansive photographs
- Okuyama Taiki became interested in design while running a free bookshop in Tokyo
- Congo Tales offers an alternative to fear-based environmental messaging
- This is an article about Wieden+Kennedy’s clever ad campaign - No B.S
- Combining thoughtful design and big business: an interview with Made Thought
- Iceland’s Christmas advert banned from broadcast for being too political
- The Saul Bass Archive looks back on the trailblazer’s rare poster design
- Typeface Pickle-Standard both obeys and rejects the grid at the same time
- Cornelius de Bill Baboul's latest project is "like Baudelaire in the age of McDonalds"