It didn’t come as a surprise that gloriously talented Aisha Franz is in cahoots with the likes of Till Thomas and his crew of extraordinarily talented illustrators from the continent. You can just imagine them all grinning and going on illustration jaunts together (camping, vintage tents, quilts) while thinking of new and exciting zines that we minions are just going to drop on our knees drooling for.
Aisha’s particularly huge range of skills across the wide illustration board mean that she could probably pull out charming illustration in her sleep. From her pencil drawings to her naive yet dry illustrations,each image she’s whisked out of her brain is so funny and sweet at the same time it’s enough to make you have a little cry.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner