Nature is incredible isn’t it? Beholding the ability to completely blow your mind and defy all realms of possibility in an instant – you can’t help but admire mother nature’s unpredictable but truly magnificent touch.
But just as you begin to marvel at the beauty of what could only appear to be carefully crafted abstract paintings depicting just that, consider how you would feel if you were told that these exceptional works of art were in fact photographs. With such unimaginable beauty and rivers flowing with such smooth precision, it seems a ridiculous suggestion but then again Andre Ermolaev is a talented man and let me assure you, his Icelandic photographs are the real deal.
Capturing rivers as they flow down Iceland’s volcanoes, Andre’s stunning aeriall photographs showcase nature at its very very best. And coming rich in texture, composition and capturing the beautiful scope of natural colour there can be no arguing that Andre is one talented photographer and Iceland, for that matter, has to be one of the most stunning places on this planet.
- KangHee Kim's images are as satisfying to create as they are to look at
- Cover Stories: Veronica Ditting on the covers that left a lasting impression on her work
- Alix Marie’s photographic sculptures celebrate bodily experiences
- Nadine Redlich’s new book illustrates the moment you realise you actually hate your partner
- Sophy Hollington’s striking tarot deck combines mysticism with a glam-punk contemporary twist
- Christopher Golden creates colourful digital environments that utilise visual abnormalities
- “Create a flag which represents your own Island”: explore culture through design in our latest Insta brief
- Five creatives visually respond to the question: What makes something art, anyway?
- Plexopolis: a series of games to educate and inform students on accomplished design
- Chris Dorley-Brown’s sharp images of East London are actually made up of many multiple shots
- Suzanne Saroff's meticulously arranged photographs alter perceptions
- “Unporn” is the photo stock collection for those suggestive, naughty moments