Apartamento is an interiors magazine concerned with everyday life. The brains behind the magazine, art director Omar Sosa and editor-in-chief Marco Velardi, shared their A-Z of creative do’s and don’ts, concerns and process in their presentation at Here 2016.
Among the fascinating topics the dynamic duo discussed, was the raison d’être of the mag: bringing life into interiors documentation. “Most magazines show empty photos with no life in them. We like clutter,” they said.
Here is a fast-paced annual creative symposium curated by It’s Nice That. To stay up to date with Here announcements you can sign up to our newsletter at here-london.com, follow us on Twitter or like our Facebook page.
- “An endless love story”: Claudine Doury returns to the Amur River to photograph its people
- Peter Millard gives a humorous account of his journey so far
- “They’re the only things I would save in a fire”: A peak inside Hattie Stewart’s marvellous sketch books
- Illustrator Katy Stubbs on moulding her dishy stories out of clay
- Tom Noon on his musical, spontaneous and illustrative approach to graphic design
- Nazif Lopulissa rethinks the shapes and forms of the children’s playground
- “We want to challenge and disturb the audience”: meet graphic design studio Alliage
- Matt Willey leaves The New York Times Magazine and joins Pentagram
- Ikki Kobayashi’s new series investigates the tension between shapes and negative space
- “Perfectly beautiful things don’t attract me”: Heesun Seo on her nontraditional practice
- The Pantone Colour of the Year 2020 makes a statement about peace and communication
- Moleskine’s digital notebook and a visual inventory of Earth win Apple's Apps of the Year