Paris and Miami-based studio Atelier à Propos has amassed a superb portfolio of graphic design projects spanning print, identity work and more since we last featured it in the heady autumn on 2014 for a set of designs for the band Inkwood. Studio founder Vincent Champenois recently got in touch with a new identity for Lise Braun Collection, an artist agent and art gallery.
The identity takes the brand’s “L” and “B” initials and uses them as a starting point from which to create a modular brand system that pulls apart, puts back together and disperses elements from the characters across various applications including print, stationery and the organisation’s website. The identity’s monochrome colour palette lets the objects and artworks shine through, and creates a coherent, professional look and feel, but one that still has a capacity for fun and surprise.
“Being based both in Paris and Miami, the atelier was a perfect match for Lise Braun collection, based in Paris, Miami and Basel,” says Vincent. “Lise Braun is a very organised person, she knows what she wants and what she likes. We wanted to create a bold though flexible identity, that would match her personality and her passion for blackness, but at the same time the plurality of the artists she displays and represents. The idea of a ‘responsive logo’ came up quite naturally. It would adapt to the responsive design of her website as well as to the artworks Lise Braun selects.”
- “I absolutely hated it”: Heath West on why he left architecture for the art industry
- Hubert Crabières captures a brilliantly absurd celebrating family for Edicola
- Illustrator Holly St Clair uses the rhythm of a joke in her portfolio of sculptures, textiles and prints
- Jules Durant aims to “design cool new fonts” beyond the Latin alphabet
- For Alice Franchetti, graphic design is the sweet spot where maths and intuition meet
- Lucy Sherston finds that leaving out parts of a composition is just as important as the bits kept in
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!