We last featured the excellent work of animator and illustrator Benjy Brooke in October 2016, and like clockwork one year on, he’s back, this time with a spot for Cartoon Network under his belt.
The shiny, joy-inducing ident, a snip at just 20 seconds long, depicts Cartoon Network’s most loveable characters bursting out of a pink box to spell out the number “25” in celebration of the tv channel’s 25th year in business. Among the characters you can spot Dexter from Dexter’s Lab, Gumball, the Powerful Girls — and many other cartoons from your misspent childhood. The project was designed and directed by Benji and animated with the help of Harry Teitelman. Music and sound design was by Kenny Kusiak.
In the year since we last spoke, Benjy says he’s been mostly working on team projects, although he also sent us a second spot — also for Cartoon Network – featuring one of the Powerpuff Girls in the wrestling battle of a lifetime.
- Rachel Louise Hodgson’s drawings challenge traditional ideals of beauty
- Sam Conniff rouses the Nicer Tuesdays audience to Be More Pirate
- Koln Studio designs artist's catalogue using improvisation and fun
- Friday Mixtape: a collection of hits from music focused design studio Lost Art
- Khichdi (Kitchari) brings together 846 photographs of India, and its people, taken over ten years
- Offshore Studio's Christoph Miler reveals the ideas behind Migrant Journal
- Portfolio tips from top studios: what to leave in (and out) and how to get noticed
- Advertising giant Ogilvy undergoes global rebrand and “re-founding” by design agency Collins
- Ikea reveals collaborations with Solange, Lego, Adidas and Olafur Eliasson
- DesignStudio rebrands UEFA Champions League, using light as its “centrepiece”
- Secret 7" is back and includes a web-based expressive typographic artwork generator
- Crayola launches a makeup range based on its ubiquitous crayons