We last featured the excellent work of animator and illustrator Benjy Brooke in October 2016, and like clockwork one year on, he’s back, this time with a spot for Cartoon Network under his belt.
The shiny, joy-inducing ident, a snip at just 20 seconds long, depicts Cartoon Network’s most loveable characters bursting out of a pink box to spell out the number “25” in celebration of the tv channel’s 25th year in business. Among the characters you can spot Dexter from Dexter’s Lab, Gumball, the Powerful Girls — and many other cartoons from your misspent childhood. The project was designed and directed by Benji and animated with the help of Harry Teitelman. Music and sound design was by Kenny Kusiak.
In the year since we last spoke, Benjy says he’s been mostly working on team projects, although he also sent us a second spot — also for Cartoon Network – featuring one of the Powerpuff Girls in the wrestling battle of a lifetime.
- Clove magazine celebrates the diversity and cultural phenomena of South Asia
- Simen Royseland’s zine inspired by the ancient philosophy of Stoicism
- Jordy van den Nieuwendijk is back with his most colourful show to date
- Library Paper, by Catalogue Library, returns with its eighth issue: trips
- Olgaç Bozalp and Benjamin Kirchoff photographs Turkey's male belly dancers
- Alex Grigg’s animation Born in Void tackles isolation in a vivid, abstract, interstellar landscape
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Renowned graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff has died aged 85
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Marina Lewandowska’s graduation project shows graphic design flair and function
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Working Not Working charts the top 50 companies creatives want to work for