We last featured the excellent work of animator and illustrator Benjy Brooke in October 2016, and like clockwork one year on, he’s back, this time with a spot for Cartoon Network under his belt.
The shiny, joy-inducing ident, a snip at just 20 seconds long, depicts Cartoon Network’s most loveable characters bursting out of a pink box to spell out the number “25” in celebration of the tv channel’s 25th year in business. Among the characters you can spot Dexter from Dexter’s Lab, Gumball, the Powerful Girls — and many other cartoons from your misspent childhood. The project was designed and directed by Benji and animated with the help of Harry Teitelman. Music and sound design was by Kenny Kusiak.
In the year since we last spoke, Benjy says he’s been mostly working on team projects, although he also sent us a second spot — also for Cartoon Network – featuring one of the Powerpuff Girls in the wrestling battle of a lifetime.
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Paul Sahre chats to us about his new book Two Dimensional Man: A Graphic Memoir
- How can we connect young, diverse talent with the agencies who crave it?
- Ricky Leung’s illustrations capture the quiet moments of everyday life
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity