We last featured the excellent work of animator and illustrator Benjy Brooke in October 2016, and like clockwork one year on, he’s back, this time with a spot for Cartoon Network under his belt.
The shiny, joy-inducing ident, a snip at just 20 seconds long, depicts Cartoon Network’s most loveable characters bursting out of a pink box to spell out the number “25” in celebration of the tv channel’s 25th year in business. Among the characters you can spot Dexter from Dexter’s Lab, Gumball, the Powerful Girls — and many other cartoons from your misspent childhood. The project was designed and directed by Benji and animated with the help of Harry Teitelman. Music and sound design was by Kenny Kusiak.
In the year since we last spoke, Benjy says he’s been mostly working on team projects, although he also sent us a second spot — also for Cartoon Network – featuring one of the Powerpuff Girls in the wrestling battle of a lifetime.
- “Fear and desire for connection and the blocks to it”: artist Martine Syms on her exhibition Grand Calme
- Iggy Ldn captures beauty, power and pain in his short film, Velvet
- Art Bank Taiwan joins London Design Biennale this week, exploring cultural identity through political and social commentary
- Tiziana Jill Beck explores the identity of anonymous travellers through masks
- The new issue of Indoek brings America's oldest city to life
- Master of plasticine Kate Isobel Scott is back with a new animation
- Uber gets another new logo, gives you something to make small talk about this weekend
- “Go, go, go”: how DIA messed with design theory, only to improve it
- Type designer Kia Tasbihgou on how “knowing cool designers and nice fonts isn’t enough”
- Watch the trailer for the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, the television show
- V&A curator Marie Foulston wants us to look at video games through the lens of design
- You know that great feeling of popping a spot? You'll get that from Sophie Koko Gate's new animation