We last featured the excellent work of animator and illustrator Benjy Brooke in October 2016, and like clockwork one year on, he’s back, this time with a spot for Cartoon Network under his belt.
The shiny, joy-inducing ident, a snip at just 20 seconds long, depicts Cartoon Network’s most loveable characters bursting out of a pink box to spell out the number “25” in celebration of the tv channel’s 25th year in business. Among the characters you can spot Dexter from Dexter’s Lab, Gumball, the Powerful Girls — and many other cartoons from your misspent childhood. The project was designed and directed by Benji and animated with the help of Harry Teitelman. Music and sound design was by Kenny Kusiak.
In the year since we last spoke, Benjy says he’s been mostly working on team projects, although he also sent us a second spot — also for Cartoon Network – featuring one of the Powerpuff Girls in the wrestling battle of a lifetime.
- In the Studio With: Balancing innovation and usability, with digital creative studio Future Corp
- Dis.art turns "learning into a Netflix-like experience"
- James Aspey's grid inspired typeface New Europa features a user-generated specimen
- Photographer Stratos Kalafatis on life inside the 1200-year old Mount Athos
- Sean van den Steenhoven’s projects utilise voice as a design tool to make statements
- Graphic designer Angharad Hengyu Owen on textual shapes and wandering poems
- Meet graphic designer Jonathan Isaacson and his hybrid portfolio
- “I love the imperfections, the grains and the stains": Ryan Ormsby on his creative approach
- Artist claims Kendrick Lamar video for Black Panther song used her work without permission
- Property developer fined $6.7 million for “whitewashing” New York graffiti haven, 5Pointz
- Fill your AR world with collage, courtesy of app Dumb Fun
- Bureau Bertrand Clément’s portfolio represents the importance of playful graphic design