benbenworld is Benoît Bodhuin, a graphic designer and “créateur de caractères” (of the typographic persuasion). His latest update is ZIGZAG, a fun font that aims to break the rhythm of reading by using a rotation of four varieties of each letter in the alphabet, all of which retain the same rounded, loose letter forms.
Much of what Benoît does is equal parts play to colour, succinctly designed so that it stays far from anything gimmicky or trite, experimentally – yet professionally – applied to a range of traditional design media. His portfolio to date proves him to be a progressive designer, so one to keep an eye on for sure.
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner