I don’t know if it’s seasonal, but there seems to be a lot of whimsical food photography around at the moment which, luckily, is a trend/era we are welcoming with open arms and jazz fingers combined.
Here we have contemporary Brittney Meyer with fast food as her muse. With more of a “let’s pour this syrup all over that dancefloor” vibe than the more conservative Sandy Skoglund, Brittney’s pieces suggest hours of fun in the back garden playing with mirrors and whatever she can find the fridge. Say what you like about putting exotic or processed food on weird surfaces being old news, but you can’t deny it’s kind of terrific.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme