Ho ho ho. Ha ha ha! Welcome one and all to that time of year that everyone, and I really do mean EVERYONE, is producing Christmas-themed art, design and ambiguous paraphernalia for you to laugh, cry and be totally bemused by. It’s going to be a complete nightmare trying to sift through the reams of Yuletide curiosities that pass by our eyes, but over the next couple of weeks we’ll do our very best to only show you the good stuff. Like these magnificent Christmas Gifs (sweet pun!) curated by the inimitable Mr Ryan Todd and Enjoythis.
Ryan’s collected a whole host of irreverent animated Gifs from some of our favourite creatives around, and some people we’ve never heard of in our lives, each one a witty look at the themes and traditions of the holiday season – except for Holly Wales’ offering, which is just plain indecent. Head on over and check them all out. They’re guaranteed to liven up your afternoon, and you can even send them to your friends via the email if you’re that way inclined. Great stuff!
- Have an ogle at Sein Koo’s marker pen illustrations of all things food-related
- Albert magazine's analytical yet colourful design proves how “knowledge can also have sex appeal”
- Typeface Ciao communicates auditive intonations of the spoken word
- Photography duo Luke & Nik talk us through the inspirations for their analogue manipulation
- Filmmaker and writer Pedro Neves Marques merges biopolitics with sexual politics
- Dinamo's Fabian Hard on exploring new technology with typography
- True's sixth issue thoughtfully showcases emerging and established photographers
- It’s cheese but not as you know it: ManvsMachine’s TV ads for Castello
- Jon Gray on designing book covers for Zadie Smith, Sally Rooney and other literary giants
- WeTransfer tell users to "Please Leave" in new short film
- Graphic Fest has all you need to know about visual identities for festivals and fairs
- Master one style or stay versatile? Illustrators discuss the pros and cons