For our third instalment of excellent video content from our sparkly brand new dedicated site First Broadcast, we have David Lane and Marina Tweed of The Gourmand as part of our Between the Lines series, in which we interview some of our favourite names in publishing.
Not only do David and Marina allow us a peek into their beautiful home, and discuss the pros and cons of running a food-based publication from home (pros: inviting chefs round to cook dinner at editorial meetings, cons: the smell of freshly printed magazines, which apparently loses its novelty when you have a hundred boxes stacked in your living room), but they also introduce Peter, their cat, and his role in the very exciting brand new publication which they are soon to launch, which they announce exclusively in the film…
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum