Designer and art director David Rinman is still just a kid, but at 22 he’s already produced more cool stuff than most of us could shake a stick at without getting really, really tired arms. The Swedish creative has just graduated from Forsberg’s School of Design & Advertising and moved straight into a job with 25ah, an agency specialising in branding and commercial strategy.
We’re sure that 25ah are making the most of his graphic design skills but we reckon it’s his interaction design that’s the most impressive part of David’s practice. For his graduation project at Forsberg’s David produced Beat Match, an interactive table tennis table that lets you and your opponent/collaborator produce and control music and geometric patterns with the rhythm of your game. As the aggression of your game increases so the tempo of the music picks up, and as you relax into a steady rally those shapes mimic your pace.
The idea, of course, is to work together to produce an exciting audiovisual experience, but if you’d rather just thrash your opponent then the patterns and beats provide a high-octane accompaniment. Nice!
- Superimpose Studio on the impact of Brexit on the creative industries
- Photographer Namsa Leuba makes the invisible stories of Voodoo visible
- A whizz through the portfolio of Italian illustrator Marco Oggian
- Alex Vasilyev's compelling photographs of locals living in Russia's coldest region
- Friday Mixtape: Rae Morris curates a winter-focused mix
- Good Sport Magazine: sport-focussed content, through the lens of much broader reaching interests
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- These Swedish kids designed a typeface to celebrate their neighbourhood
- A new Vitra Museum exhibition shows the hedonistic history of nightclub design
- A chat with the anonymous archivist behind vintage smut celebration Hardcore Decor
- A peek inside the bulging, bold portfolio of multidisciplinary studio Spassky Fisher