All hail December, king among months, when drinking in the week becomes the norm and children everywhere learn that advent calendars aren’t nearly as fun as people make out. But while the rest of the world winds down into a pre Christmas torpor, here at It’s Nice That we step up and keep the good stuff coming. A conference and a new magazine you say? Ambassador you are really spoiling us…
Next Friday (December 9) sees In Progress take place at The Barbican, a look back on the big hits of 2011 and a look forward to see how they will shape 2012 and beyond. There’s a ridiculous roster of big names ready to take the stage and a handful of tickets still available, so what the heck are you waiting for?
In other BIG NEWS you will know by now that issue No.7 of our magazine was launched on Monday, and we don’t mind saying, well it’s a bit embarrassing, but it’s AMAZING. With an eye-catching redesign, a host of great features and a naked Brazilian man having a shower on the front, we’re prouder than a camera-toting parent watching their kid’s first nativity play.
And of course the good times keep on rolling online where we are counting down to our Review of the Year. Set to launch on the week of December 19 it’ll be a rootin-tootin rundown revelling in the best 2011 threw up for our delectation, and it’ll bounce right though to the New Year.
So be ready gentle readers, 2011 ain’t over yet….
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum