Fantastic editorial work here from Ella Cohen who goes by the rather apt pseudonym “Ellakookoo.” Hailing from Israel, Ella’s work depicts busy living rooms full of loud families, crammed car journeys, messy kitchens and busy late-night bars – which show off her skill of being able to pick the truth out of day-day life and colour it in better.
Editorial illustration this honest and close to home without being overly twee is hard to come by, so Ella’s talents are truly appreciated. Hard as it is to pick a favourite of her drawings, Ella’s ability to innocently -–and wryly – depict an older couple in bed with a pile of sex books is truly a pleasure to behold. Have a look at her extended collection of work over here on her Flickr
- Mariana Malhão's illustrations depict "a world inside a world"
- Max Siedentopf offers silly but significant advice in his latest series, Instructions for World Peace
- XZY explores the “visual alchemies of the phenomenon fake" in its debut issue
- Steven Bliss' distant yet familiar series, Boys
- Friday Mixtape: Shopping pick a mix of bands to be excited to be about
- Illustrator Cécile Dormeau on body diversity and defying convention
- The Guardian unveils redesign across print and online
- Aron Klein's captivating images of the Bulgarian demon chasers
- The rebrand for Russia’s tourist board uses Suprematist geometry laid out as a map
- Compare your selfies to fine art through the Google Arts and Culture app’s newest feature
- Coca-Cola reveals custom typeface, TCCC Unity, inspired by its modernist heritage
- Graphic designer Bryan Rivera references mistakes and imperfections in his portfolio