Fantastic editorial work here from Ella Cohen who goes by the rather apt pseudonym “Ellakookoo.” Hailing from Israel, Ella’s work depicts busy living rooms full of loud families, crammed car journeys, messy kitchens and busy late-night bars – which show off her skill of being able to pick the truth out of day-day life and colour it in better.
Editorial illustration this honest and close to home without being overly twee is hard to come by, so Ella’s talents are truly appreciated. Hard as it is to pick a favourite of her drawings, Ella’s ability to innocently -–and wryly – depict an older couple in bed with a pile of sex books is truly a pleasure to behold. Have a look at her extended collection of work over here on her Flickr
- Malika Favre talks about studying engineering, her first job and tight deadlines from The New Yorker
- Say what you see, it’s Best of the Web!
- The art of plane watching captured by Mindaugas Kavaliauskas
- Friday Mixtape: escape from the world with Xenoula's ethereal mix
- Towers of Thanks: Res photographs their mother's life working for Donald Trump
- A world of pain: Sixteen Journal's latest issue
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner