Fantastic editorial work here from Ella Cohen who goes by the rather apt pseudonym “Ellakookoo.” Hailing from Israel, Ella’s work depicts busy living rooms full of loud families, crammed car journeys, messy kitchens and busy late-night bars – which show off her skill of being able to pick the truth out of day-day life and colour it in better.
Editorial illustration this honest and close to home without being overly twee is hard to come by, so Ella’s talents are truly appreciated. Hard as it is to pick a favourite of her drawings, Ella’s ability to innocently -–and wryly – depict an older couple in bed with a pile of sex books is truly a pleasure to behold. Have a look at her extended collection of work over here on her Flickr
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum