Hot on the heels of this month’s Nicer Tuesdays, we’ve teamed up with MINI to bring you another night of inspirational talks around the theme of their recent NOT NORMAL campaign – and as a massive thank you to our readers for supporting our events – we’re making this one free to attend!
We will be heading to the newly launched BL-NK space in east London to bring you a night of insightful talks by four creatives with extraordinary and unique working processes.
Speakers include artist Kate MccGwire, whose unsettling yet stunning sculptures question the nature and concept of beauty, and experimental animator David Wilson, whose unique approach to the moving image has captured the imagination of everyone from Adam Buxton to Metronomy. Also speaking is photographer Jane Stockdale who will be discussing how her recent Masters studies in International Relations at Cambridge University has influenced her prolific practice in unexpected ways, and 3D scanning experts ScanLAB Projects will talk us through their incredible projects scanning everything from the arctic ice, to the Science Museum. ScanLAB Projects will also be customising a real life MINI especially for the night!
So join us for a night of fascinating talks and insights around unusual creative processes.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum