Next weekend (5 August 2017), Visions runs the fifth edition of its festival around venues in London Fields and other parts of Hackney, London.
With a history of eclectic line ups, the day festival not only showcases bands but has an infamous dog show, a tattoo exhibition, screen printing sessions and a punk rock edition of karaoke. On top of these staple events, the festival will also hold a crepe cook-off between musicians Frankie Cosmos and Kero Kero Bonito, films at the Institute of Light (including one by Joan Cornella), and a bunch of after parties to attend too.
To get your ready for the festival, the Visions team have compiled a mixtape of acts to get excited about.
Why have you picked these songs?
We are really excited to host such a great mix of artists, it’s what Visions is all about. We wanted our playlist to illustrate this.
When should this mixtape be listened to?
In the sun or in a sweaty basement with an ice cold beer.
Who are you looking forward to seeing this year?
Liars performing tracks from their upcoming album.
What song or album is consistently being played in office?
Frankie Cosmos – If I Had A Dog ,while taking pictures of Otto, the Bird On The Wire office dog.
If a film was to be made about Visions festival, what song would play on the trailer?
Spiderbait – Calypso.
- Books From the Future talk us through its workshop on disaster in contemporary culture
- Molly Bounds paints intimate moments of quiet contemplation
- Friday Mixtape: Grand Union Orchestra's founder curates us a mix on the theme of migration
- Flat-e tells us how it made a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery's record in its entirety
- Girma Berta authentically captures the people of Addis Ababa with an iPhone
- Remember the pre-stage nerves and backstage stress in Alexander Coggin's photos of children's theatre
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice