Next weekend (5 August 2017), Visions runs the fifth edition of its festival around venues in London Fields and other parts of Hackney, London.
With a history of eclectic line ups, the day festival not only showcases bands but has an infamous dog show, a tattoo exhibition, screen printing sessions and a punk rock edition of karaoke. On top of these staple events, the festival will also hold a crepe cook-off between musicians Frankie Cosmos and Kero Kero Bonito, films at the Institute of Light (including one by Joan Cornella), and a bunch of after parties to attend too.
To get your ready for the festival, the Visions team have compiled a mixtape of acts to get excited about.
Why have you picked these songs?
We are really excited to host such a great mix of artists, it’s what Visions is all about. We wanted our playlist to illustrate this.
When should this mixtape be listened to?
In the sun or in a sweaty basement with an ice cold beer.
Who are you looking forward to seeing this year?
Liars performing tracks from their upcoming album.
What song or album is consistently being played in office?
Frankie Cosmos – If I Had A Dog ,while taking pictures of Otto, the Bird On The Wire office dog.
If a film was to be made about Visions festival, what song would play on the trailer?
Spiderbait – Calypso.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum