Award-winning Dutch duo Lernert Engelberts and Sander Plug create high-concept art films, music videos, installations and adverts driven by a combination of terrific ideas, faultless execution and a subtly dry, cheeky sense of humour. They’ve made remarkable films for editorial heavyweights like Fantastic Man and Nowness, created eye-catching installations for the windows at Selfridges, directed commercials for Amnesty International and have a superb portfolio of personal work.
The pair can turn their prodigious talents to projects as diverse as exploring the beauty industry or mediating on online search queries, by turns funny, cutting and poignant. We are hugely excited that they will be flying over from Amsterdam to talk at this year’s symposium.
Join us – get your tickets here!
WeTransfer is a file transfer service which was built to get files from A to B with no hassle, no stress and no charge. But it is much more than that; at its heart is a global exhibition of creative talent. In curating the wallpapers and experience you see on WeTransfer today, they have built an amazing network of artists, illustrators, entrepreneurs, photographers, shops and artisans. It has allowed WeTransfer to provide a free tool for their users, but also support the creativity of some incredible businesses and people around the world.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum