Graphic designer Isabel Seiffert’s elegant style is stamped across her first collaboration with Christoph Miler as Offshore Press. The Great Moon (Hoax) is a beautifully designed reprint of The New York Sun’s fictional account of the discovery of life on the moon.
Juxtaposing vintage photography, retro inspired 3D visualisation and graceful typefaces throughout, Isabel and Christoph have also released two complementary The Great Moon (Hoax) posters announcing the birth of Offshore Press.
“Life discovered on the moon! Forests, lakes, animals and even men-like creatures observed by British scientists!” Were the cries of New York newsboys on Tuesday 25 August 1835. Claims of lunar discovery were narrated across six days and the stories of life on the moon were reprinted throughout the US and Europe. As readers failed to find proof opposing these outlandish claims, excitement grew and this became the one of the earliest major stories to capture the imagination of a global audience, allowing the mass media to write their own truth for the first time.
- Hick Duarte uses his camera to document the plurality of Brazilian youth culture
- Fhuiae Kim explores “the third language” in her calming graphic design works
- Folch designs a typeface embodying the “energetic universe” of acid house
- Illustrator Michael McGregor turns the mundane into something extraordinary
- All together now: Pascale Claude compiles a visual history of the beloved footie record
- “Part-animal, part-household object”: Frédérique Rusch on her wonderfully cryptic illustrations
- “We want to challenge and disturb the audience”: meet graphic design studio Alliage
- Matt Willey leaves The New York Times Magazine and joins Pentagram
- Ikki Kobayashi’s new series investigates the tension between shapes and negative space
- “Perfectly beautiful things don’t attract me”: Heesun Seo on her nontraditional practice
- The Pantone Colour of the Year 2020 makes a statement about peace and communication
- Moleskine’s digital notebook and a visual inventory of Earth win Apple's Apps of the Year