The It’s Nice That Annual is our way of celebrating some our favourite articles from the site over the past 12 months in printed form. You know this, right? Well this year for the first time we’ve also launched a dedicated It’s Nice that Annual website to give people a sense of what they can expect from our big, bright blue book of creative brilliance.
Designed and art directed by Studio Makgill and built by the talented team over at at Designers’ Friend, the site is a kind of teaser-taster hybrid with an excerpt from the book’s introductory essay, some examples of the kind of content we’ve featured and the practitioners we’ve interviewed, a sniff of the magazines, exhibitions and graduates showcased in the Annual and a look at our terrific sponsor G . F Smith.
Head over there, have a play around and then if I were you, I’d buy the book to boot!
The It’s Nice That Annual 2014 is supported by G.F Smith and printed on Colorplan Bright White 350gsm, Zen Pure White 150gsm and Heaven 42 135gsm.
- Food for thought on the day the Global Climate Strike begins
- “I always thought Photoshop was a glorified MS paint”: James Lacey on his journey into design
- “If I am flagging on a shoot, she directs me”: Matthew Stone on working with FKA Twigs
- French illustrator Nicolas Ridou makes “the atmosphere the story” in his hypnotic works
- A routine, good music and Charlie Bones: Sean Bate on his graphic design inspirations
- In The Boys, Rick Schatzberg photographs his group in their 66th year of friendship
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!