Jade Schulz’s project Video Vixen Drop Cap is an ongoing series which sees the illustrator creating a typeface using video vixens as her inspiration. A video vixen is typically a female model who appears in hip-hop music videos as straight-up eye candy – they ooze sex appeal yet remain unattainable to us normal folk.
Here, Korean-born US-based Jade puts these vixens centre stage and uses impressive butts and cascading hair to contort her characters into the various shapes of the alphabet. Currently on letter N, it’s a fun, personal project that allows Jade to play with proportions in between her regular editorial work.
- Andrew Khosravani and Maliboo animate Moon Panda's atmospheric music video
- Lights, sparkles and colour: Photographer Riccardo Apostolic draws from the plush era of the 80s
- What Myriam Boulous’ shots of the Lebanese revolution tell us about photojournalistic ethics
- Kinky, kooky characters take centre stage in Isaac Mann’s paintings
- DEMO Festival swaps advertising for the work of talented motion designers
- Cristóbal Schmal cuts and pastes ancient Andean stories into his colourful collages
- Pentagram rebrands Warner Bros. with a “sleek and clean” update to its shield logo
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Viktor Hübner photographs American anxieties amongst a shifting political environment
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Berlin Wall graffiti is made into a typeface to warn how "division is freedom's biggest threat"