Producer and performer Clap! Clap!’s new video, Hope, brings together a wealth of Italian creative talent. Formerly known as Cristiano Crisci, the musician has enlisted the help of illustrator, Jonathan Calugi for a music video animated by Simone Brillarelli.
For the single from Clap! Clap!’s new album A Thousand Skies, Jonathan has implemented his free flowing illustrational style into an animation of layered lines, flittering to form shifting shapes. The animation begins simply, and builds, just as the song crescendos. Each of Jonathan’s ingenuous drawings adapt throughout the short to create a narrative. Initial letterforms build a character who goes on a warping journey, through the sea and the sky, dancing all the while.
Each of Jonathan’s drawings are superlatively animated by Simone, creating a music video that is repeatedly addictive to watch.
- Michael Marcelle’s photography is “like a broken funhouse mirror in a gay haunted house”
- Books From The Future's experimentally collaborative and investigative publishing
- Issue four of Beauty Papers screws the formula of beauty, giving it a “brave new face”
- Molly Matalon shoots a fashion editorial in the desert, and things get brotherly
- Laura Callaghan on illustrating a lifestyle where women make all decisions
- Starting Out and Making It - what we learned at A/D/O
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity