Producer and performer Clap! Clap!’s new video, Hope, brings together a wealth of Italian creative talent. Formerly known as Cristiano Crisci, the musician has enlisted the help of illustrator, Jonathan Calugi for a music video animated by Simone Brillarelli.
For the single from Clap! Clap!’s new album A Thousand Skies, Jonathan has implemented his free flowing illustrational style into an animation of layered lines, flittering to form shifting shapes. The animation begins simply, and builds, just as the song crescendos. Each of Jonathan’s ingenuous drawings adapt throughout the short to create a narrative. Initial letterforms build a character who goes on a warping journey, through the sea and the sky, dancing all the while.
Each of Jonathan’s drawings are superlatively animated by Simone, creating a music video that is repeatedly addictive to watch.
- Relive your heady teenage holidays with Lola & Pani’s latest series, Northern Rivers
- Works of Bart: Ken Kagami's multiple, slightly mad illustrations of Bart Simpson
- Harry Wyld’s illustrations are “often just a series of mistakes”
- 3D renders, heavy metal type and maximalist graphics fill Kristyna Kulíková's portfolio
- Warriors Studio gives us a run-down of the graphic design trends at this year's GDFS
- Graphic design studio Pa-i-ka always purposefully changes its creative output
- Cornelius de Bill Baboul's latest project is "like Baudelaire in the age of McDonalds"
- Okuyama Taiki became interested in design while running a free bookshop in Tokyo
- This is an article about Wieden+Kennedy’s clever ad campaign - No B.S
- Combining thoughtful design and big business: an interview with Made Thought
- Courtney Barnett discusses her love for illustrators, animators and her own creativity too
- “The beauty of abstraction”: Christoph Niemann on his new mural for a Berlin train station