We Brits are a strange bunch. 99% of the time if you asked the average person in the street almost nobody would even really have an opinion on the monarchy – maybe, maybe the odd grumble about taxes or a vague blathering about history and tourism. But offer us a couple of days off on their behalf and suddenly we’re all bunting-bedecked, foaming-at-the-mouth uber-Royalists, prepared to lay our red, white and blue bodies on the line to protect our glorious leader, her family members and their funny little dogs. Naturally whenever such a fever grips the nation, the creative community are quick to join in and we’ve seen all manner of right royal responses. Here’s some of the work that’s rolled in. Merry jubilee everyone!
Oh, and just in case your appetite isn’t sated by our selection, check out two run-downs of Jubilee products on The Guardian and the New Statesman and a slightly more tenuous but still excellent list of royal-related advertising and design on D&AD.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme