Any fella with the energy and inclination to create a behind the scenes illustration of an animated gif he made earlier – let that one sink in for a moment – is absolutely fine with us. Julian Glander’s been up to his armpits in commissions since we last caught up with him, building gifs of funny jiggly people jumping into cereal bowls, dachshunds flying down flights of stairs, skating hot dog sausages and drum-playing apples for the likes of Starbucks, Subway and Giphy. This series was made for Koodo though, a Canadian cellphone provider, proving that anything can be made to look exciting if the commissioner is good enough at scoping out up-and-coming young talent.
It’s something of a sidenote, but Julian also has tabs on his website for categories including “puking,” “hamburgers,” “super cute” and “blobs.” You can imagine how well he goes down with us lot.
- Can graphic design translate to performance? LCC's grad show identity shows us it can
- Gina Tonic on being big, Welsh and growing up in an ex-mining town in The Valleys
- Margot Lévêque examines the historical, emotional and philosophical connotations of the collar
- Illustrator Moon utilises drawing as a means of understanding herself
- Toilet rolls and sat navs: Photographer Andy Price will make you look twice at everyday objects
- Samantha French’s dazzling underwater paintings hark back to childhood summers
- Turning her lens to those around her, Danna Singer reveals the story of a working class community
- Kyle Berger’s Photoshopped images exist in “a post-truth timeline”
- The climate crisis is daunting, but as a creative professional, there’s much you can do
- Elizabeth Hibbard’s unsettling photographs examine subjective experience with a visceral gaze
- “My creativity is sparked by music and architecture”: meet graphic designer Stephanie Specht
- Adventure Time’s finale nominated for Emmy, alongside BoJack and Big Mouth