Any fella with the energy and inclination to create a behind the scenes illustration of an animated gif he made earlier – let that one sink in for a moment – is absolutely fine with us. Julian Glander’s been up to his armpits in commissions since we last caught up with him, building gifs of funny jiggly people jumping into cereal bowls, dachshunds flying down flights of stairs, skating hot dog sausages and drum-playing apples for the likes of Starbucks, Subway and Giphy. This series was made for Koodo though, a Canadian cellphone provider, proving that anything can be made to look exciting if the commissioner is good enough at scoping out up-and-coming young talent.
It’s something of a sidenote, but Julian also has tabs on his website for categories including “puking,” “hamburgers,” “super cute” and “blobs.” You can imagine how well he goes down with us lot.
- Sophie Williams shares intimate behind-the-scenes footage from Mura Masa's latest music videos
- Wide-eyed and scratchy-haired, read the twisted diaries of Irene Montemurro
- Lazy Susan, the mother of all inventions, comes to life in Terri Timely's short film
- “I’ve always felt like this is not my happy place”: Rankin on his relationship to fashion
- Steamy scenes of fun and fur: meet Sophie Larrimore’s puffy pooches
- From 3D in-browser games to cinematic portfolios: it's November’s Double Click
- Pentagram rebrands Warner Bros. with a “sleek and clean” update to its shield logo
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Viktor Hübner photographs American anxieties amongst a shifting political environment
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Berlin Wall graffiti is made into a typeface to warn how "division is freedom's biggest threat"