Illustrator extraordinaire and all-round cool gal Kelsey Dake has just updated her website with some more lovely illustration from the past few weeks of hard freelance graft. Top of the pile are these three enormous pieces for McSweeney’s #41 – now you all know we love McSweeney’s, and you must at least have an inkling by now of how much we love Kelsey. So this post is a total no-brainer – killer illustration, sweet publication, match made in heaven.
What’s particularly wonderful about the horribly mutilated dog is that it’s based on Kelsey’s own pooch, Truman, who’s a regular star on her Twitter feed. We can only hope the severed torso was imagined and not a straight-up life drawing, otherwise we might have to change our opinion of Miss Dake to preserve our stringent moral code.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme