If creativity is catching then Barcelona has been in the grip of an epidemic this past year. So much fun, interesting and exciting work has been produced there these past 12 months across a host of disciplines that it’s never a great surprise to discover a project we like hails from the Catalan city. The latest we can add to the list is Midi Colors by lagranja design. This new collection of tables, cabinets and shelves for the Sistema Midi company uses a bright colour palette and extruded aluminium as the starting points to create really eye-catching, playful and good-looking pieces of furniture.
Take a bow Barcelona, like you’re all-conquering football team your creative community is the one to beat right now.
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled