If creativity is catching then Barcelona has been in the grip of an epidemic this past year. So much fun, interesting and exciting work has been produced there these past 12 months across a host of disciplines that it’s never a great surprise to discover a project we like hails from the Catalan city. The latest we can add to the list is Midi Colors by lagranja design. This new collection of tables, cabinets and shelves for the Sistema Midi company uses a bright colour palette and extruded aluminium as the starting points to create really eye-catching, playful and good-looking pieces of furniture.
Take a bow Barcelona, like you’re all-conquering football team your creative community is the one to beat right now.
- Illustrator Ben Kopp’s nostalgia-drenched personal work
- Iggy Ldn's poignant new film Silk reclaims the essence of the jazz era in the 21st century
- Ways of Seeing: Laurie Rowan fills FACT's architectural space with a troop of exploring characters
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a journey to "surf discovery" even though he's terrible at surfing
- Photographer Sam Gregg shoots the true face of Naples
- Prolific artist Miroco Machiko’s animal menagerie
- Netflix unveils Netflix Sans, a new custom typeface developed with Dalton Maag
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- A chat with the Orwellian mastermind in charge of the UK town known as Scarfolk
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- Dive into Mikey Joyce's portfolio with its “healthy balance of calculated and convoluted silliness"
- Original sets and puppets from Wes Anderson’s Isle of Dogs to be exhibited in London