Many dare to bridge the gap between hand-rendered illustration and commissioned design pieces, but none so deftly as the delightful Linda Linko, a Finnish illustrator who has designed some of the most eye-catchingly original posters we’ve seen in a while. Her choice of canvas, a huge and bright scroll-like sheet of paper, combined with her deep black, hand-rendered typography (exclaiming excitement-inducing words such as ‘NYE Dinner’ and ‘Cosmic Boogie’) are probably the coolest promotional visuals you could ever have to promote your event.
Pekka Agency, who represent Linda, note that she is inspired by “imperfect shapes, large formats, black humor and basically everything that happens while she is away from her computer” – very wise words, and inspirational to anyone tackling a poster brief.
- All we want for Christmas is... Best of the Web!
- A trip to The Greenbrier – a preserved 112,544 sq foot government nuclear bunker
- Dougal Wilson goes behind the scenes of the mischievous Channel 4 idents
- An international cast of creatives chooses the biggest moments of 2017
- Bake Off, legalising weed and Fanta's redesign: highlights from March 2017
- Vogue's new editor and a typeface for pride: a look back at April 2017
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Why dyslexia makes you a great designer
- Plain packaging and health warnings on food and drink could cost companies hundreds of billions
- Anxy Magazine: The Workaholism Issue explores the impact of working hard versus working compulsively
- Graphic designer John Morgan launches type foundry and art platform, Abyme