The London Rollergirls is an all-female roller derby league based in London. The league was the first to be established in the UK in April 2006 and over the past decade has been a pioneering force for the growth of roller derby in the UK and Europe. This five-minute film, commissioned by iD mobile for its ‘New Originals’ series, captures the aggression, adrenaline and grace of the sport and the stories of the squad members.
From broken bones to horrendous bruises, the film offers an overview of the rules, regulations and attitude needed to understand and succeed in the sport. Produced by Virtue Worldwide, Vice’s in-house creative services agency, London Rollergirls is one of three films in the New Originals series, the others featuring Irish hip-hop artist Rejjie Snow and GB fencing duo Rajan Rai and Jai Birch telling the stories about how they discovered and pursued their passions.
- Graphic designer Marie Ducrocq's future-facing aesthetics are supported by thorough research
- The poet laureate of Twitter Brian Bilston creates four new poems from Adobe Stock images
- Photographer Daniel Stier on how he transforms “cheap mass-produced things” into art
- Fragility, despair and boredom are the pillars to Madeleine Pfull’s paintings of elderly women
- Go on a quest for cheesy chips with Sarah Hingley’s choose your own adventure zine
- Western Fronts is a nature documentary that collapses into itself
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!