Phew! This is some steamy typography if ever I saw some. Let’s all give a big round of applause to Malika Favre who has successfully made typography sexy, and not in the lame “that design is seriously sexy” way, in the actually sexy way! She’s taken the ancient, much pored-over Kama Sutra and transformed it into an online orgy of illustration and graphic design represented in slowly gyrating gif format with help from Guy Moorhouse, the Present Perfect team and a whole host of other animators.
Working on individual letters, the animators have been allowed to create their own take on the positions illustrated by Malika, giving each moving letter it’s own extraordinary personality. The prints of each individual letter will be on sale at Pick Me Up London, but be quick — there’s only 10 of each one! So get them while they’re hot. Big thank you to Malika for making us our very own It’s Nice That typographic Kama Sutra too!
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled