Me & EU is a collection of postcards designed by UK-based creatives in reaction to the European referendum result of June 2016.
Since then, the project curated by designers Nathan Smith and Sam T Smith, has continued to grow including submissions from Craig Oldham, NB Studio, Catalogue and several designers from creative agency KesselsKramer. The front side of each postcard represents a designed opinion on the referendum result. The reverse displays a personal message from the creative, for example, “You can take Britain out of Europe but you’ll never take the Europe out of Britain,” from NB studio.
Each postcard is designed to be sent “across Europe as a means to reconnect us post the EU referendum,” explains the site.
The postcards will be sent all over Europe on the official trigger date of Article 50 which Theresa May announced will take place on the 29 March.
- Artist Olivié Keck explores South African youth culture through a vibrant VR video
- Crossing dimensions: digital artists Wang & Söderström turn Klas Ernflo's illustrations into a 3D still life
- Studio Creme's 3D scanned campaign film for Heresy is inspired by "mysticism and folklore"
- Designer Carolien Niebling wants you to meet the meat we eat
- Franziska Morlok and Miriam Waszelewski's Bookshelf explores the most interesting and unique bookbinding techniques
- Duncan Cowles' new film explores the panicky feeling that a creative idea might not be amazing enough
- Craig Oldham dishes out brutally honest advice to new graphic designers
- Pentagram rebrands Battersea dogs and cats home to visualise "personality over sentiment"
- V&A announces shortlist for its Illustration Awards 2018
- ManvsMachine create its most ambitious campaign for Air Max Day yet
- Design to improve the general quality of life: exploring Paul Rand's IBM Graphic Standards Manual
- Ten examples of rare letterings, from 19th-century alphabets to preliminary drawings of Futura